Total Pageviews

Thursday 3 March 2016

Diana's Birds Fly Into the Present! 2016


 






I have found a family of my favourite students recently. When they graduated from high school, they went forward with their lives, and my fond memories of them grew a bit misty around the edges.
Actually, Patricia found me, on Face Book...I am so glad to reconnect with her and her brothers Bill and Greg.
Recently I posted an album called "Chameleon 2016", and described how my work is changing. Patti messaged that she wished she could have seen my earlier shapes. So, I have made a bird for her. It did not come easily, as my hands would not default to my old shapes. I raku- fired my old birds, and relied on its flashes of colour added by the fire.
Now, I am refining my lines, and creating an elegance to speak for the bird. The glazing is a mystery.  I'll figure that out later. These new birds will not be flashy. They will exhale...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diana! I am working on an art badge for my church group and I have to write a report about an artist I know and I chose you! I know you made this sculpture a long time ago but I think it's beautiful!

    Love, Hannah. XOXO

    ReplyDelete